Pebbles was fighting for her life against Parvo and her folks didn't know where the money was going to come from for her treatment until they heard about Paw Placement of Northern Arizona.
"Paw Placement gave us a chance to save our puppy when all other resources were exhausted. They were there every step of the way and allowed us to save Pebbles when she needed it most! We couldn’t have saved Pebbles without Paw Placement and for that we are forever grateful." Meagan & Seth
A young cat was found by the side of a road in Williams. His rescuer had passed him on her way to and from work several times, thinking he was dead. Then he lifted his head as she drove by and she stopped her car to help him. She is a sweet young lady from a family of animal lovers, and they took him to the vet to see if he would make it. In spite of a mangled leg full of maggots and being malnourished, he has made a miraculous recovery. Although he was probably feral, he quickly warmed up to the humans helping him and has settled into their home. His name is now BooBoo Kitty.
Nine year old Emjay was attacked in the face by another dog. When the cost to treat the wound near his eye turned out to be more than his family could afford at the time, they turned to Paw Placement for help.
" Having the help of the medical assistance fund was such an incredible experience and touched our hearts in a beautiful way. We will be forever grateful and lifelong supporters of this program. A million thank yous would simply not be enough.” Jamie
Jeff is a Vietnam veteran and Trek is his constant companion and helps with his PTSD. When Trek swallowed a foreign object and was fading fast, Jeff drove three hours from northern Arizona to bring him to Flagstaff.
Jeff and his family were in between checks and needed help to save Trek. They said they will be forever grateful for our medical assistance fund, and want to volunteer with Paw Placement to help other pet owners in need. When Jeff was told that we could assist, he said "You've made an old man cry."
“After five-month old Sage broke his leg in three places, I was desperate for help with the cost of amputation." Nadia K.
Sati had a bad experience with a car fan and he lost the skin on his leg as well as a toe. “Thanks so much for helping Sati, he is part of our family," Joe &Nova
Chloe had a condition called happy tail. Despite how pitbulls are portrayed as mean, she wiggled her butt a little too much with her happiness and injured her tail. Her people tried helping her by bandaging it at home but she kept re-injuring it. Her people had just moved out on their own in Flagstaff and had a new baby. They just didn't have the funds to get her tail amputated, which is what the vet said she needed.
“Paw Placement came in and offered to help us and was an absolute blessing in our lives. Our Chloe girl is back to normal and no longer has a tail to re- injure. They saved my Chloe girl om a lot of pain that she would have kept enduring. Thank you so much Paw Placement. You have touched our lives and Chloe thanks you for caring.” Ashlee
A young dog, Puppy, became very ill and had to be taken to the vet on the weekend. At first it was thought it might be Parvo. After much testing, it proved not to be Parvo and Puppy responded well to antibiotics and special food. Now he is back home with his best buddy.
"I didn't have the money to be able to pay the whole bill up front. Your program saved his life and helped me keep these best friends together. We can't thank you enough! It is obvious that you all work from the heart!" Amanda, Randy, and Puppy
Seven-year-old Lulu, a long-haired dachshund, was rescued from a breeder when she was no longer suitable for breeding. Her rescuers had her spayed but then she developed mammary gland tumors which had to be removed. Canine mammary tumors are more common in female dogs who are either not spayed or spayed after two years of age. Dachshunds are among the most affected breeds.
Lulu’s person was unable to afford the surgery so she turned to Paw Placement.
“Thanks to Paw Placement, Lulu was able to get a very critical surgery. Without the support, she wouldn’t be doing as we as she is today and I am forever grateful!” Morgan
Katie, a 15-year-old cat, was not acting like herself. Her person became concerned, especially since the recent loss of her other two cats to age- related issues. Her person was not able to afford the tests and other procedures needed to assess Katie’s health to determine the cause of her unusual behavior.
“Paw Placement is WONDERFUL! With Paw Placement’s help we were able to have Katie thoroughly checked out and treated and now know that she is in purrrrfect health for her age. Thank you!”
Corporal Lucky is a nine year old certified assistance dog for his dad, a disabled veteran.
Cottonball and his family are homeless, and while hitchhiking from Barstow to Flagstaff the extreme heat and sun affected all of them. What his humans didn't realize was that dogs can get sunburned too. After arriving in town Cottonball (a handsome red pittie) would whimper when he was petted and his owner, Jerod, was horrified to discover blisters under Cottonball's fur! The veterinarian anesthetized Cottonball and shaved him to clean up the sunburn and treat it, and he is feeling MUCH better.
Jerod tearfully thanked PPNAZ for relieving his much-loved dog's pain and asked that we warn other dog owners of the danger of prolonged sun exposure.
“Pumkin is 1 of 5 of our “kids. She is a shy but lovable Dapple dachshund who managed to severely injure her neck. We tried frantically to get her into a number of vets in Flagstaff, none of whom would see her without payment in full at the time of service. This was impossible for us due to our recent moving costs and my inability to go back to work because of an injury.
We were horrified to see this happen and then be refused care, until we learned of your organization. You people are ANGELS. Without your intervention, I don't know what we'd have done!
Thank you for your loving nature and your help! You are forever in our hearts and prayers!” Thomas
“Paw Placement is a life saver. No joke. Rio is now on the mend due to their medical support program. Thank you for all of your help and work with Canyon Pet Hospital. Rio will never eat a corn cob again if we have anything to say about it. He has been a changed pup since this event. He is way more cuddly and thankful. Full of extra snuggles and kisses. It is like he knows he was in trouble then and now is better.” Kristina