Call to Action
In collaboration with a coalition of passionate animal advocates in our community we are working hard on a plan to to move animal welfare into the spotlight in our community.
We envision a 21st Century animal shelter for Flagstaff and Coconino County. A shelter that consistently meets County and City animal control and welfare requirements while also meeting the needs of the community, with compassion and quality care…
- Quarantine areas to ensure appropriate medical care and safety
- Clear and meaningful metrics that gauge the shelter’s effectiveness,
- On-site veterinary clinic,
- A welcoming lobby where animals and people feel understood and cared for,
- Separate areas for surrender, adoption, and pick up,
- Community outreach programs that:
- increase adoption rates,
- reduce surrender rates and help keep families and their pets together,
- educate and make available resources for responsible pet ownership through spay and neuter,
- educate and make available resources to effectively manage feral cat communities.
Here's how you can help us achieve this vision:
You can make a one-time gift using the button above or a more sustaining monthly gift using the buttons below.
Writing letters, making phone calls, or sending emails to the newspaper and local officials
Staffing a table at events to spread the word
Inputting data and more